I have no real answers. I'm just some guy. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 23:05 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm sort of on Funkmon's side of this. I just got Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn recently - and I love them both, but I don't feel like I've wasted the last 6 months of playing because I played without them. They're great - but I had other stuff I was happy with before they dropped. (I say 'sort of' because I think both of them are going to change the way I play, while he doesn't even think that.)

I know you love The Last Word. You've said so. You have fun using it, and it makes you a better player.

Imagine, knowing how much you like it (maybe, you were using a friend's character and account with access to one for example), would it not SUCK to be unable to use it because of an RNG? If Xur never sold it, and it never dropped for you, think about all the fun you've had with the gun that would not have happened.

Would that not be the dumbest thing?

Nope. It just means I'd need to get good some other way.

::shrug::

We're never going to see eye to eye on this, Cody. I enjoy Destiny for what it is (while still being able to appreciate the things it's not, or the things it might be someday). You seem to look at Destiny from the standpoint of what it lacks. I'd have quit playing and found something else to do MONTHS ago if I saw the game the way you do. I really don't understand why you're still here. (Yeah, I know you've said there are things that are great - but you can't possibly spend much time thinking about them, given how much time we see you focused on the negative.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread