Twice as many, or half? *video* (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 21:46 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 22:05

4 Wizards, 4 rockets. No rockets on Crota, I just used a machine gun. I also narrated it, so turn up the volume a bit. Similar completion times despite the lightswitch modifier, though I was obviously slower.

Despite the fact that you managed to pick the encounter in the game most suited to the Gjallarhorn (in fact, more than any other gun) in that there are floating enemies with solar shields, which is uncommon through most of the game, HoC used the same amount of rockets for the first part, and probably would have only gone through a few more for the second part (maybe 50% more, but even at double, still fewer than you anticipated). However, this is not how I play, and my statement was about how I played. The really important part of that encounter is nailing the wizards quickly, since you can just run to the hiding spot. Your strategy is more streamlined, and I understand why that gun can be game changing to some people. Just not to me.

Anyway, I think this proves my point: even in a situation where Gjallarhorn is ideal, it doesn't make a massive game changing difference to me. Killing ogres, huge numbers of dudes, knights, minotaurs, hydras, cyclopes, praetorians, archon priests, and so on, there just is not a huge difference to how I play, and except in very few situations (nexus, omnigul, a couple others) does it really matter how I approach that encounter.

But, in a speedrun, of course I'd go with the Gjallarhorn. In fact, I did, and posted a video of the Nexus speedrun. Nobody claimed a 1 minute boss speedrun could be done with any weapon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread