Put it in perspective (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 19:51 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

My solution that would be minimally intrusive: if you roll an exotic, don't give out one that is already on the account (or weigh them much more heavily). Check, and give a new drop that the account doesn't have. I don't need 8 No Land Beyonds. Wow, so hard.

Okay. Maybe they could tweak the formula, but the result would be that exotics would be less exotic.

A question, Kermit.

If Exotics are supposed to be all that rare, why does Xur sell the vast majority of them?

That kind of speaks to my point. People care less about weapons that are routinely for sale. Having some weapons be truly rare is what makes getting such weapons exciting.

It also makes it equally frustrating.

To some obviously. Not to me.

If you had to embark on some epic quest to obtain these rare weapons- Say, Complete the Vault of Glass as part of a fireteam with no deaths- then I would 100% agree with you.

Easy for you to say. There are already weapons I know I'll never get (if I'm holding the controller anyway). I'd rather keep that number very small.

But that's not how we do it. Our only method of obtaining them- as of right now- is that upon completing some task, regardless of our performance, hope that a machine arbitrarily spits out a sequence of numbers that matches the one we want.

Cody thinks that's a poor design choice. and I agree with him.

That's perfectly fine.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread