I have no real answers. I'm just some guy. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 10, 2015, 01:15 (3306 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We're never going to see eye to eye on this, Cody. I enjoy Destiny for what it is (while still being able to appreciate the things it's not, or the things it might be someday). You seem to look at Destiny from the standpoint of what it lacks. I'd have quit playing and found something else to do MONTHS ago if I saw the game the way you do. I really don't understand why you're still here. (Yeah, I know you've said there are things that are great - but you can't possibly spend much time thinking about them, given how much time we see you focused on the negative.)

I am honestly shocked that you would disregard the fun you had with that weapon. If you really feel that way, delete it right now. Go on… would you still want to get good some other way, or would you be really really bummed out? There's no way you'd delete it, because I know you don't actually believe what you just typed.

See - you read what I say with the same sense of absolutism that I decry in your posts. If I hate it when you do it, why do you think *I* do it?

I do NOT disregard the fun I have with that weapon. I LOVE that weapon. I have no intention of sharding it to prove a point i hadn't even made.

What I said was, if the game FORCED me to play without it (it never will, but I was willing to play your thought experiment), I'd still have fun. That's so far different from "I totally disregard the fun I have with that weapon that I'm willing to shard it right now" that I can't even UNDERSTAND how you consider them comparable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread