I think Bungie dropped the ball... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:38 (3262 days ago) @ Xenos

On the flip side, I played Destiny PvE for 4 hours last night (nightfalls, 32 & 34 PoE) and walked away with nothing but an armor core. That just doesn't feel right to me.

I don't think you remember the first week or two of the Vault of Glass dropping. Beating Vault of Glass took my first team almost 20 hours, most of which was against Atheon where we spent at least 4 hours trying to beat him (for which we were awarded nothing until we beat him). Once we figure out how to beat this week's 34 it WILL get easier, just like how Atheon got easier even before you'd leveled up your Raid gear.

I skipped that week ;)

Personally, with my time constraints, I knew I wouldn't have time to "enjoy" the process of solving the raids' puzzles. I chose to wait a week until players knew what they were supposed to do. For me, the challenge of executing was enough for me to get started. From there, it's the iteration of doing better each time, learning new techniques and new "plays" for each section... that's the stuff that keeps me coming back week after week.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread