I think this sort of content is absolutely necessary. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:48 (3262 days ago) @ iconicbanana

b) I don't like the way PoE has been made the lone dependable way for PvE players to earn Etheric Light. I wish I could just play PoE whenever I felt like having some casual fun, rather than needing to grind it repeatedly in order to get Etheric Light and enjoy the new upgrade systems.

This is what I don't get. Why do you need etheric light, if you aren't playing PoE?

A few reasons. I'm not a huge PvP player, but I go hard during the Iron Banner, so I want to have top-level gear to remain competitive. Same goes for Trials of Osiris.

I also ran Crota hard mode with my 33 Hunter (she's now 34) using a 365 Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn... and it was a blast! Hard mode crota felt fair for the first time. Still a great challenge, and your teamwork needs to be bang on, but it's not quite the exercise in punishment absorption that it used to be :)

Beyond that... because it's the only goal left? I love playing Destiny for the mechanics, but it is nice to feel like you are working towards something. Some kind of tangible progress helps. Right now, upgrading the gear I've got is pretty much all I can do (I don't actually have room for much new gear, so collecting all the new stuff is out of the question).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread