You make valid points on the game design, but... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 21:07 (3262 days ago) @ Earendil

PoE gives you absolutely nothing until it is 100% complete, which causes problems. And even then, aside from Etheric Light, the rewards aren't particularly worthwhile.

My one thought here is that you can hate the RNG, or you can hate the loot, but it makes no sense to hate both. I think what you really hate is the RNG, since the possible loot is (AFAIK) near limitless in possibility.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the extra loot chest that requires a key to open (since the keys are a nightmare to find and introduce a whole separate problem). I'm talking about the rewards you get for completing the activity. To my knowledge, those rewards include blue engrams, motes, coins, glimmer, and Queen's weapons, plus armor cores and weapons cores used to purchase fallen-themed gear from the tower vendor. The big issue here is the Queen's weapons and fallen gear; none of it holds a candle to some of the raid weapons.
Plus, the raids both give 2 chances at an exotic each. PoE only gives 1, and only if you have a key.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread