Not really needed, but OK. (Destiny)

by Miguel Chavez, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 16:28 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I wish there was a sociologist or psychologist in grad school hanging around here, they'd have a field day with the material for dissertations over the past years on these forums. There is so much subjective experience posited as objective criticism that my head spins. It does not negate your *feelings* - you can certainly think it's frustrating, or that it's too tough, etc. But it doesn't mean it's broken. What it does mean is that those few gametypes you DO like were perfectly suited for your particular preferences - and guess what - there were many people that HATED the Raids - and they walked away from this game and so we don't hear from them anymore - so to fool ourselves into thinking we're a community of Raid-loving people is to not fully grasp how these sort of things work.

Just needed to jump in and say that I didn't claim any of those things. I started my OP by owning up to the fact that I am a raid fan boy, so my preferences are skewed that way. I should also stress that in general, I ADORE arena/survival gametypes. I'm not just some "raid snob" turning his nose up at any other gametype. I do think Prison of Elders has a place in Destiny, but I think it has some serious problems that need working out; both as a gametype in and of itself, and the way that it has been placed at the top of Destiny's PvE end game.

Well I'm kind of smooshing all the tone and tenor of the negative commentary throughout this thread together. Sorry if it's devolved from what you consider your OP. I don't think it's too far removed though. I look at your wall of text in the OP and frankly it read to me as 'I don't like this, this is what Bungie can do to make it something I like." I only used the Raid comment as a jumping off point on how this is all subjective. I'm not saying you're a Raid fanboi to negate your critique. Not at all.

Thanks

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread