I did give other reasons too, you know ;) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 20:00 (3262 days ago) @ iconicbanana

A few reasons. I'm not a huge PvP player, but I go hard during the Iron Banner, so I want to have top-level gear to remain competitive. Same goes for Trials of Osiris.

I also ran Crota hard mode with my 33 Hunter (she's now 34) using a 365 Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn... and it was a blast! Hard mode crota felt fair for the first time. Still a great challenge, and your teamwork needs to be bang on, but it's not quite the exercise in punishment absorption that it used to be :)

Beyond that... because it's the only goal left? I love playing Destiny for the mechanics, but it is nice to feel like you are working towards something. Some kind of tangible progress helps. Right now, upgrading the gear I've got is pretty much all I can do (I don't actually have room for much new gear, so collecting all the new stuff is out of the question).

So you want etheric light to make the actual challenges in the game...less challenging? So you can collect stuff?

What impels you completionist folks to this? It boggles my mind. I thought the point of this game was to shoot aliens, not play Army-Surplus Pokemon. If and when the game stops offering me enjoyable new ways to put bullets in aliens, I will stop playing it. I can't get my head around this.

It's not just the completionist tendencies (which I fully admit are there for me, but I do my best not to let them dictate how I spend my time).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread