I think Bungie dropped the ball... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:55 (3262 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

We'll see... if players are doing anything substantially different with these PoE waves 4 weeks from now, I might have to eat a sock ;)

My bet is we'll mostly see the exact same strategies we're seeing right now (select PoE ninjas notwithstanding).

Well let me give you an example: the first time I played Urrox we died several times fighting him and struggled to kill him. This was mostly because even when we came up with a working strategy we hadn't fine tuned the execution. A few days later I wanted to test the theory that you could farm for the Elder Cipher, so we ran it 3 more times (and then I ran it on a second character one time the day later). For 3/4 runs we didn't wipe a single time, and it was fun! We had a blast! We didn't even get anything aside from the drops from the side chests, but I don't think any of us felt like it was a waste of time. This week we got rocked playing Qodron for about an hour before Chewbaccawaka had to go, but it looks like we were on the right track to figuring out the encounter. I fully expect that by the 2nd or 3rd time I beat Qodron it will be much less frustrating, just like Atheon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread