I think this sort of content is absolutely necessary. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:05 (3262 days ago) @ iconicbanana

And this content is harder than a nightfall. It's more varied, and it requires far more strategy.

Not sure I'm with you on that point... I think that maybe the nightfalls require coordination and strategic teamwork, but it we already have a lot of it down because we've run the strikes so many times?

I think Bungie looked at strike playlist populations against raid populations and decided that this content was necessary. It might not be for people who raid frequently, and yes, that sucks for you folks. But Prison of Elders is for the underserved majority of players who can't raid frequently, for whatever reason, and I think there's more of them out there. It's the sort of content that Destiny really, really lacks, and this is absolutely the sort of thing that should be Bungie's first priority.

100% with you there. I've said before that PoE feels like something that really should have been in the game from the start. My main problems are:

a) I don't think PoE is a particularly fun or well designed arena mode. I think lots of other games do the arena/horde mode activity way better.

and

b) I don't like the way PoE has been made the lone dependable way for PvE players to earn Etheric Light. I wish I could just play PoE whenever I felt like having some casual fun, rather than needing to grind it repeatedly in order to get Etheric Light and enjoy the new upgrade systems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread