TripleWRECK on Destiny's Current State (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 20:05 (3075 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I don't know how people have the time to burn through content like they burn through Destiny content. I still have dozens of quests to finish on my two active characters. I haven't touched a Titan since the Taken King came out.

Did Bungie lie? Maybe. Maybe it was a miscommunication. I don't really know. I agree that if they were dishonest an upfront apology would be appropriate. Maybe skilled-based matchmaking was a mistake for the community on the whole. (For me it was great! I got to be the top crucible dog a few times--a new experience!) They'll learn and adjust as they always have.

Here's the thing. Can people express themselves without hyperbole? It doesn't seem to me they can anymore. I guess when everyone has a mic that's the way you differentiate yourself, but I grow weary of hearing about the death of Destiny, as if it's normal to play a game as much as people play Destiny and not get burned out. I think people expect Destiny to be an everlasting gobstopper of gaming. Geez, read a book, watch a movie, have dinner with family and friends. Play something else for a while. Chances are you'll like Destiny more when you come back.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread