2 sides to every coin (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 23:44 (3074 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's great for the first week or so when you're still seeing everything for the first time, but it wears thin more quickly than patrolling the other spaces, IMO. Still, I think the Dreadnought is a good example of some of the untapped potential of Destiny's patrol spaces. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bungie does with the next new space(s) we get to explore :)

That's it, exactly.

Also, the Dreadnaught is neat, but damn it's ugly. It's just not a space I find myself wanting to be. It fits and works very well thematically (it's claustrophobic and creepy), but I don't like being there. I'd much rather patrol Old Russia or Venus, or heck, even Mars. They're just much nicer places to be.

I feel exactly the same way. I've never been a huge fan of the Hive-themed environments (I think they're well designed, but as you said they're not places I'd ever want to spend time in). I rarely go to the moon for the same reason.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder how much the lack of Sparrows plays into this. There's something so pure and joyful about hoping on your speeder and gliding through these beautiful and mysterious spaces. The Dreadnought lacks this, as does half of the moon's patrol space. Huh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread