Actually they did (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 07:03 (3073 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Whether or not it's intended, you're coming across pretty disrespectfully. I'm voicing an opinion, and whether or not you agree with it, claiming it isn't as valid as yours is kind of rude.

You jumped into this conversation by making the claim that: "Bungie promised weekly content updates." All I did was call you out on what you said. You were wrong. End of story.

I also doubt you went back and read every press release Bungie ever made just to prove some guy wrong on the internet. In fact, I know you didn't because:

Here's a news post about the original Queen's Wrath.

Again, you are dead wrong. I read that article. I read every article on Bungie.net with the words queen or wrath in it, just like I said. Maybe you're so used to saying things without proof you just can't help yourself? I also saw the "always something new" you got so giddy about. But then I thought about it in its proper context. That article was posted on Sep 18 2014, a mere nine days after Destiny's launch. Back then each new playlist rotation and elemental burn was new. And, here's the crux of the matter:

I read these messages and thought they meant there would be a steady stream of new content over the life of the game.

Isn't that exactly what we got?! Three months after launch we got The Dark Below. Five months after The Dark Below we got House of Wolves. Four months after House of Wolves we got The Taken King. And along the way we got several bug fixes, UI updates, new features, free multiplayer maps, and even a few surprise events. We're just now past the four month mark since The Taken King. It seems right to me that Bungie should start telling us about what's next any day now. But it also seems right to me that the next big thing might take a bit longer given how The Dark Below and House of Wolves were both received as being to small to justify their price.

Look, I understand you want more content and better content. I want more content and better content too! But look at the pace of development Bungie maintained in the past: Halo 1 (2001), Halo 2 (2004), Halo 3 (2007), ODST (2009), Reach (2010). Destiny is advancing at a breakneck pace compared to Bungie's Halos which saw no new single player content, a couple of multiplayer map packs each, and maybe, if we were lucky, got a Title Update a year later to fix the worst of the bugs.

If a new release of single and multiplayer content ever four to five months wasn't "steady stream" enough for you, just what did you expect? And based on all the games Bungie ever release in the past, why did you think your expectations were even remotely realistic?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread