Oh shut up. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 23:53 (3075 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did you watch any of the marketing prerelease? Bungie repeatedly said they want people logging in and playing frequently. They said they wanted things for players to do every day. They said they wanted the game to be a hobby in to itself. They said they had a huge social world that players would not want to leave.

Nothing I expected or just said came from the contract. Straight from their own videos and press releases.

Nowhere did they say that stuff is supposed to be true FOREVER. Lots of people did log in every single day (lots still do). It definitely is a hobby in to itself for thousands of people.

Seems like they met those expectations to me. It's all about having reasonable expectations, which honestly seems like an unreasonable expectation when we're talking about the internet.

Halo had half as much content as Destiny (and many games released today still do), but people didn't bitch about that. If people played Destiny in the same manner they played Halo (sanely, without expecting it to hand out free handjobs every day), they'd probably be much, much happier. I sure am.

Play the game when you want to play it for fun and not at any other time. Why no one can understand this is beyond me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread