So much this... (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 15:08 (3167 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The difference is that you or I can put the game down and pick it back up when we have the craving to play it again. TripleWRECK and other streamers have put themselves into a situation where they feel they need to keep playing Destiny every single, because it is their job. Of course they're getting bored of it. Did they not see this coming? Did they really think they could play for 10 or 12 hours every single day and Bungie would keep it new and fresh for them the entire time? What other game in the history of videogames could possibly stay fresh through so many back-to-back hours?

So very much this.

If I were playing destiny 10-12 hours a day (heck, even 8 hours a day) I'd probably be bored sick of it. Playing on Tuesday & Thursday nights each week is a good amount. It leaves me wanting more come Sunday/Monday night (addiction maybe? hmm). The number of quests available are great too, I still have lots to work on with my primary character, who happens to be at light 316/317, which I feel is plenty high, and I'm probably done with attempting to get much higher light with him, but I still have the quests that I can work on for fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread