TripleWRECK on Destiny's Current State (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 21:33 (3167 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Sorry, I didn't find his arguments about matchmaking convincing in the least. Really, his rant on matchmaking was a mixture of speculation and paranoia with very few facts or even common sense statements. For instance:

Skill based matchmaking changes the search parameters to find you opponents based solely on a similar skill level to you.

[Citation Needed]. I'd eat my new Apple Logo hat if things like connection quality aren't always a factor. Not enough of a factor? Possibly. But a good chunk of his rant is centered around skill being the only factor which I highly doubt is the case.

...where everyone you face is as good or better than you.

Again, that makes little sense. It seems impossible that you, personally, are the one person who is the worst on every team in every game.

...that also means if you plan with someone who is not on your level you will have a miserable time and can forget about winning matches.

Does no one else ever play with people who aren't quite as good as them? Again, will every single person on the enemy team be better than every person on your team. Realistically, the answer is no.

Yes, Bungie needs to start talking about future plans. Vague assurances that maybe something kinda big will come this quarter aren't enough. And, yes, if they really said there were no matchmaking changes when there were then yeah, they shouldn't do that and they should absolutely be called out for misleading people.

All in all, I was unimpressed and felt I wasted my time watching the video...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread