2 sides to every coin (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 15:25 (3167 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Didn't they fix this a bit with the hive ship? I thought they did a fantastic job of creating interesting things to discover as you explored. My assumption is that this is how bungie is intending to build in this direction.

I thought the Dreadnought was certainly a step in the right direction. My only real problem with the way they designed the new patrol space was that it is too much of a closed ecosystem. Luke Smith described the idea of creating an "inscrutable loot-filled fortress"... I think they kind of got close to that, but missed the mark when it comes to the "loot-filled" part. There are chests everywhere, several of which are guarded by some kind of puzzle element (which is very cool, IMO). The problem is that the only stuff you ever get out of those chests are materials/currencies to use elsewhere in the dreadnought. You open a chest and find a key to open another chest which gives you a skyburners deployment key which gets you another key for a chest which gives you a rune for Court of Oryx which gets you more runes and maybe another key...

It's great for the first week or so when you're still seeing everything for the first time, but it wears thin more quickly than patrolling the other spaces, IMO. Still, I think the Dreadnought is a good example of some of the untapped potential of Destiny's patrol spaces. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bungie does with the next new space(s) we get to explore :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread