+9000 (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 29, 2016, 01:54 (3073 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

If I play Destiny every day, and "something new to experience" means new content, and new content to me means a level, or an enemy, or a gun, or a quest, or a challenge mode, how the heck is Bungie-- or indeed anybody-- supposed to deliver that?

That claim, like all claims, needs be evaluated according to a reasonable person standard. No reasonable person could expect "something new to experience" to mean "new PVE content every time you play". It's simply not possible.

How abou expecting the amount and frequency of content starting with year one? That's possible and reasonable. We should be at that pace or better but never worse.

You mean that year one content that people endlessly bitched and moaned about being shallow and piecemeal to the point that Taken King was praised as saving the game from irrelevance? You mean the year one content that's probably absorbing more developer hours than expected (as things always do) and thus responsible for the presumed delay in the next full game, which is a contractual milestone?

You mean that Year One content?

Not to mention being the Year One content Cody complained about pretty much non-stop during Year One.

That's one of the things about this whole community-wide "conversation" that confuses me right now. I keep hearing people talk about "the good old days" of year 1 as if half the community was raging and bitching back then, too. I can't say I'm thrilled with what the Live team has produced so far, but I'm not going to complain about free events either. I absolutely do not want more $20 expansions on the level of The Dark Below or House of Wolves (in terms of scope and quality).

I do if this is the alternative. They've already learned not to make boneheaded mistakes. HoW got it mostly right except for the lack of a raid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread