What's Your Biggest Worry?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 19:25 (3934 days ago)

I know the game hasn't come out yet, and I know a lot of people have high hopes for Destiny, and I know I'm new to DBO, but I'm wondering, what are your biggest worries about what Bungie might do wrong?

Personally, I must praise the Halo-style combat filled with maneuvering and thinking (at least that's what the reveal gameplay seems to imply), but I immediately start cringing when I notice the immense amount of Star Wars influence. Once again, I know a lot of people like Star Wars, but for me, it's like nails on chalkboard - especially the original trilogy. So when I see how a lot of the characters are wearing what look like hybrids between Assassin's Creed and Star Wars, I start to wonder whether Bungie's actually doing the right thing.

Also, the Fantasy influences irk me a little bit, possibly for the same reason Star Wars does - cheesy, cliché, unenjoyable, and nonsensical. And the idea of 'I'm a Hero' in a Massively-Multiplayer-oriented game seems a little weird, though I'm sure that's been pointed out.

So, that out of the way, what are some of your worries?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread