My honest answer

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 19:22 (3928 days ago) @ Kermit

My real worry is kind of strange. What if Destiny is mind-blowing? What if it is so awesome and includes such a wide range of exciting and fun things to do that not playing it feels like deprivation, as if you're avoiding your own birthday party or something. I know: it's a first-world problem. With things like public events I worry that I'll constantly fear I'm missing something. I'm a nearly 50-year-old man with a large variety of commitments and interests. Will I have time to be the space wizard that I want to be? Will I have time to be that AND be the real-life person that I want to be? It is kind of a strange worry, like I said. Bungie has explicitly commented that players with less time to play will find it enjoyable. That's good. Maybe the real worry is with me. Can I be satisfied being a casual player? (Those who know me know that I'm not using "casual player" to refer to skill level. In that regard I'll probably be a casual player no matter how much I play.)

Kermit

Heh, me too, though I couldn't quite express it like you just did.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread