Episode 4--Wheel Spinning (Fan Creations)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 06, 2023, 17:35 (437 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I still quite enjoyed the episode. I absolutely love all of the interactions between Joel and Ellie, but the problem is they then turn around and spend a bunch of the episode with people I do not care about. Maybe that's all going somewhere and we'll find out next week, but I kindof doubt it, honestly.

We now have five episodes left to get through meeting Tommy, all of the David stuff, the end of the game, and Left Behind. They're going to have to wrap up this thread with these people and Henry and Sam next episode.

I understand wanting to give some depth to a group of people who have none in the game, but it seems that treatment could have been better spent maybe on David's crew or something. I also think it's necessary for Joel and Ellie to overcome obstacles together, and that's sort of the only thing happening in this segment in the game. I'm not sure going into the Hunter's backstory is really a worthwhile use of time in this instance.

I'll reserve total judgment until it's all finished--maybe they're doing something great with this sub-plot, but, again, I don't see it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread