Episode 5 (Fan Creations)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 05:01 (430 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 05:53

That’s my biggest issue with the show so far.

Expanding on stories of the people around Joel and Ellie is smart. It’s something TV can do better than games. The problem is it’s not giving enough room for Joel and Ellie. We really haven’t seen much of them together at this point.

I feel like the Hunters’ subplot was a waste of time. It didn’t really do anything. Okay, she’s mad that Henry ratted on her brother. Who cares? She’s leading people and their default state is one in which they attack two travelers they don’t know, and not in defense. They straight up tried to lure Joel into stopping so they could capture and probably kill them. They weren’t protecting their own, they were taking advantage of others in the worst ways. If her brother was anything like her and that group of people, it’s probably a good thing he’s dead.

My point is they tried to create a bunch of empathy and they mostly failed. That entire group ended up being a huge group of assholes that got exactly what they deserved. I guess calling their story a waste of time is overkill, but that time could have been much better spent cementing Joel and Ellie’s relationship.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread