The Finale (Fan Creations)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 11:29 (380 days ago) @ Kermit

I loved the opening with Ellie's mother. I actually love the echo between her and Joel. Both made incredibly selfish decisions and lie to protect her. While we can debate the severity of those actions against each other, it's just a nice little touch that both of her protectors made a version of the same decision--she's more important than anyone else. The love a parent has for their child is hardly a revelation, but it just stuck out to me as something worth highlighting.

Totally agree. It's probably my favorite addition to the show. It was bittersweet, though. I know that it wasn't possible for Ashley Johnson to ever play Ellie in a live action version. I thought Bella Ramsey did a good job, especially in the later episodes. That said, Ashley IS Ellie, and she will always be Ellie to me.

I was slightly confused as to why Marlene was so… angry when she finished her off. Why so fast? Cold? She didn't want to do it. Felt like a weird choice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread