A way Destiny excites me

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 04:27 (4059 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, no cutscenes? I guess Marty will just have to login, join the game, and tell everyone to pause dramatically for a few seconds before entering the next area.

That reminds me. I hope for destiny Marty gets over himself and lets us adjust music / vox / sfx levels with individual slider controls. Let's bring Bungie's audio feature set up to 1995 standards!

Ha! Don't hold your breath. I'm betting Marty won't think that letting people ruin his mix is "bringing the feature set up to standards". I think it's a valid point of contention, but I also think that there's a certain laziness in not bothering to try and get something right and just leaving it up to the user to set everything.

The only problems I've ever had with Halo audio-- namely, some dialogue being inaudible because of a nearby explosion or other audio-- could not have been meaningfully addressed by static sliders, as solving that temporary and unpredictable problem would have ruined the mix for all other situations.

I can easily see where for someone wishing to record the experience, this is a useful level of control to have.

Perhaps they could persuade Marty to allow mix control to unlock after the game's been beaten on Legendary with all skulls on? Assuming Destiny has skulls or some equivalent...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread