Maybe incorperated in Theater?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:32 (4028 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:44

I guess what sets me off about this issue is that one of the things that Bungie is known for, that sets them apart from other developers is their attention to the sound mix and the high bar they set for it. (One need not look any farther than Halo 4 for a counter example.) They treat it with the same obsessive care that they treat other non-adjustable elements like character and level design, dialogue, and story--all of which are crafted to provide a sublime experience. How many times have we heard Jason mention that Marty makes everything they do that much better? To treat the sound mix as optional would betray their goal (at least for campaign), which is to create an experience that is engaging on many levels besides gameplay. They aren't making Angry Birds.

I'm kind of stunned by how many of who I assumed were hardcore Bungie fans don't seem to appreciate one of the prime ingredients in their secret sauce.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread