A way Destiny excites me

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 08:13 (4060 days ago) @ narcogen

This is kind of a strange thing to argue against. It's not a complex feature for the developers to include, and it's the kind of thing which is standard in just about every game I can think of, but more importantly, if yu trust the developer, then you don't have to touch a thing. Granted, most of those games are in my Steam library and not on the shelf next to the XBOX, and the user tends to be more technically involved in PC games, but . . . when I play XCOM, I sometimes turn off the in-game music so I can listen to Pandora. That's not an insult to the sound designer of the game, it's a statement of my preferences, just like my ability to adjust the brightness and contrast. I turn the brightness way down in games that require a flashlight because the default is usually so bright that the extra light isn't necessary.

I get that the developer has a vision, but I don't think you can liken changing audio preferences to censoring David. Nobody wants to change their audio for moral reasons.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread