A way Destiny excites me

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 13:51 (4033 days ago) @ Kermit

"No, it isn't" because . . . ? I'm just curious, but I don't understand how gamma differs from audio. The reason you can adjust the brightness and contrast is because not all monitors or television sets are the same, and so a game developed on one group of models won't look right on another without tweaking. Audio is no different; not everyone has a badass surround sound system. Some people don't want it. Whatever the case, the user's home setup has already changed what the developer has created. You give the user options, they can correct for that.

I'm not arguing that the music isn't part of the game, I don't really know where that came from. I just . . . I don't really know where this discussion is going. If you have the option to adjust your audio, then: people who want to do, let's say, machinema, can. People who have hearing difficulties can adjust to the point that they know what's going on. Uhm, if the game developers messed up the balancing, you can fix it. I'm positive that nobody at Bungie intended for the Master Chief's voice to be so damn quiet in the escape pod at the end of the second level, but for some reason it is.

Finally, if you have no problem with the default settings, you can leave them alone. You literally cannot suffer from the inclusion of these options, but there are people who are affected negatively by their exclusion. Halo does not stop being Halo if you mute the music. You're missing out on some great stuff, but the game is still the game. I don't play multiplayer, that doesn't mean I'm not still playing Halo just because the developers saw fit to include a feature I'm ignoring.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread