I think Destiny Xbox 360 is the community-friendly choice.

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 07:37 (3990 days ago) @ HiredN00bs

I might be mistaken, but I assume DBO's forum/community to be mostly populated from people who came over from HBO's forum/community--a site focused on an Xbox-exclusive franchise. It makes sense that the majority of people at DBO would already own an Xbox 360.

The price of something we already own is much less than the price of buying a PS3.

I'm considering the XBO, though. We'll see how things shape up over the next year and a half.

The thing is that people don't factor in the cost of Xbox LIVE. The cost of a subscription for two years could potentially cover the cost of a PS3 used to play Destiny for two years.

You can usually get 12 months of Xbox Live on sale for $45, sometimes as low as $40. The last time mine expired, I took advantage of a promotion and got 1 month for $1. The time before that, there was another promotion.. I think it was something like 3 months for $5 or something.

Sure, eventually, given enough years, it would be cheaper to avoid the online subscription fee.. but that doesn't seem like a very convincing reason to buy a PS3. If it was, I would've bought a PS3 in the first place, instead of an Xbox 360.

Hey, it might work for you. And if Bungie can't work some magic and permit cross-platform play, I have no doubt that we'll have sufficient community members to play with on all 4 systems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread