Some clarification.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 20:16 (3989 days ago) @ HiredN00bs

The problem is that the validity of the proposition depends on everyone agreeing with you.

This seems to be a pointless dispute. We're going to be fragmented, there's no doubt about that. This is merely one idea that could have varying degrees of effectiveness. I haven't really heard anyone go into any depth on the pros and cons of their alternative proposals, besides Pete, if they even bothered to present any at all.

The Xbox 360 is a good option for community meets because most of us have them already as well as Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions. However, a lot of people seem to be favoring the PS4 right now, and may not wish to continue their Gold subscriptions if they pass or wait on the Xbox One. If the PS3 and PS4 versions of Destiny end up being network-compatible, those who get the PS4 are covered for community meets on the PS3 which is another advantage for that option.

I thought Narc did a good job. They way RC presented his argument he didn't have to go into depth. I'm sorry you don't think I did--I purposely tried to not retread too much of Pete's argument. It would be fantastic if PS3 and PS4 are network-compatible, and that does bolster your case, but I still think it's a hard sale. Most people wanting to buy a new console are wanting to buy a NEW console. Yes, a lot of people may agree with you about the Gold account, but based of what I've heard, Xbox Live has consistently been a better service than PSN. And despite all the Halo negativity in this community, a lot of people may want to stick with it because they still have an interest in Halo. People are not making this decision in a vacuum, and who knows what other factors we'll know before launch.

Besides my hatred of the controllers, I'd really like to have a PS3 if I had the time and money to enjoy it. I'm not particularly interested in having two last-generation consoles, though. I doubt many people are who don't already have both. I get that you don't want to pay for a Gold account, and you want most of the people in the community to to be able to play with you. I think it's fine to hope for that. I suspect that most people here, though, are thinking they'll be in this for the long haul. That's another reason they're saving their pennies for next gen hardware. If Destiny ends up on PC, though, all bets are off. We'll see.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread