Or, alternatively, a boycott?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:42 (3962 days ago) @ HiredN00bs

When discussing the possibility of 4 discrete Destiny game networks, it becomes necessary for communities to coordinate so that we will be able to play with our friends and fellow community members. While I realize that we are all hungry for the new consoles, I believe it would be most inclusive to play Destiny on the PS3.

The price of the PS3 console is becoming less prohibitive. I purchased one this past December for $220. By the time Destiny is released, it may be as low as $150 or $100. Voice chat is supported through any USB or Bluetooth headset, which most people have already or could get from a wide variety of retailers at low cost, if necessary. And finally, there are no additional subscription costs to play the game over PSN.

What are the benefits and obstacles you see with the console you think is an ideal choice for the community? I realize the PS3 may not be as prolific among the Destiny community because of the Xbox-Halo relationship that brought many of us here. I also realize many (including myself) feel that the Dual-Shock 3 is not the best shooter controller. However, I do think that these disadvantages are outweighed by the benefits of having a unified, connected community.

This is an excellent opportunity to boycott the entire endevour. Yes, a lot of this is coming from annoyance at what XBOX One is trying to do, along with the hope Destiny will get released on PC. Yes, there's still a long way to until Destiny releases, but generally speaking with video games, the bullshit has been growing steadily.

Anyway, just throwing out a possibly dissident opinion there. I may or may not actually hold it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread