Some clarification.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 27, 2013, 11:42 (3959 days ago) @ Kermit

If Destiny ends up on PC, though, all bets are off. We'll see.

To elaborate a bit more myself, a big point for me is money I've already spent on my new PC, and a desire to see/hear Destiny with the performance provided by that machine. After going from Skyrim (or DX:HR or Civ or Fallout) on the 360 to the PC, I just do not want to play Destiny on 360 (or PS3). Sure, going to a high school hockey game can be fun, but I want the NHL playoffs.

And after mentioning the money spent, there's no ability for me to buy an XBONE or PS4. In my world, there's just zero sense to not wait for a PC release. My alternative to Hired's solution is wait, and if it never happens, possibly forgo completely.

I'm also theoretically opposed to the new console generation, but for reasons I can't entirely articulate yet. It just feels like gaming is going into a dark age, where the kind of games we'll have coming out are the kinds of things in movies that Singing in the Rain made fun of all those years ago. I've got very little faith in AAA studios - Bethesda, Bungie, and Irrational are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that might make really vital stuff. But there's no guarantee any of them won't pull a Bioware and jump a shark.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread