Some clarification.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 23, 2013, 20:45 (3989 days ago) @ Kermit

I submit that the PS3 is the least community-friendly console for Destiny and it always will be. I'm sure Bungie is going to a do a kickass job of building up their playstation fan base, but they've barely had a presence there before, and their Xbox fanbase has had a ten-year head start. When you consider that a number of current PS3 gamers are going to upgrade to a PS4, between the four platforms we know about, the PS3 is almost certain to have the smallest number of Destiny players, and that number will get smaller over time.

The PS4 might end up being the community-friendly choice, but the PS3? No. It just doesn't add up.

I think he still has a valid point. The PS3 is the cheapest option, so it does present itself as a backup, after, of course, you already purchase your system of choice. It is the cheapest option in addition to your own choice, which makes it a good choice for community-wide meetups, assuming it is severely fragmented.

I don't think it'll come to that, but I hadn't considered that option before and I like having options.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread