One Other Thing... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 20:12 (2638 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I didn't see the Revenant (or its marketing campaign), but was this campaign released before the movie? (The "we almost didn't make this movie" info you're mentioning?) I guess it wouldn't matter either way, since NOBODY markets the negative parts of a movie before they're actually ready to release the movie (I can't think of a single trailer that shows off the bad stuff that comes out a year or two before the movie does. ALL movie hype released way before the movie is out is positive.)

Yeah, pretty much all the hype surrounding the Revenant was due to interviews with the cast & crew talking about what a nightmare it was to film, and how dangerous and excruciating the whole process was, particularly for Leo Decaprio.

I don't think Cody is making a totally fair comparison, though. In the case of the Revenant, all the talk of the brutal filming process came off as a sort of boasting. "Look how tough our lead actor is, look how much he sacrificed for this role...", that sort of thing. If what we're hearing about Bungie's troubles developing Destiny are true, then a better comparison would be if a director did an interview before the release of their new movie and said "We had a grueling shoot and it was really tough on our lead actor and in the end his performance suffered so the movie didn't turn out the way we'd hoped." That, to my knowledge, has never happened.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread