Lots of people felt misled about Halo 2. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, January 08, 2017, 14:39 (2662 days ago) @ Xenos

And to be fair to the current debate, we weren't told how much had changed from the E3 presentation until we got the game.

It was different stylistically, sure, but am I alone in thinking the E3 presentation is a pretty fair representation of the game, at least as far as features. We got dual-wielding, we got boarding, hell, we even got a cool Elite drop pod moment. I'm generally struggling to think of something from the E3 presentation that wasn't in the final game in some form.

My problem with Destiny isn't the small little shit like seeing ships fly down to drop off Guardians, or the "You see that mountain?" crap. My biggest problem is the repeated assertion that Destiny is totally a game that you can play on your own and have a great time with a fun campaign. Everything else is small change--shit changes during development, who cares that a ship doesn't fly down or we didn't go to Saturn in vanilla Destiny. I was expecting a game that I could play by myself, a game with a campaign that was worth playing, and that just wasn't true. Sure, that's a matter of opinion and taste, but I believe we were led to believe that Destiny would have a Halo style campaign, and that's definitely not the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread