Lots of people felt misled about Halo 2. (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, January 08, 2017, 15:16 (2635 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I feel like a broken record now, but I definitely don't hate Destiny, and I definitely don't begrudge anyone for really loving it. I just don't think it's the game we were led to believe it was, and even over the last two years, I've become less and less interested in what it actually is, and what Bungie seemingly wants it to be. I have next to no interest in an always online game with encounters with random players in the world--I don't feel like sacrificing a good Halo style campaign for that is a good trade off, and I likely never will.

I DO think the part you have problems with will probably improve the most in future games, but if not there are plenty of awesome games by plenty of developers out there. Even for me Destiny is the game I always come back to, but I've played so many good games in the last couple of years with better single player campaigns. The gameplay is rarely as good and that's what brings me back to Destiny, but it's always nice to play an awesome single player game that I can put down afterwards (and maybe play again in a couple years).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread