+1 million (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 07, 2017, 13:23 (2659 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You have just said exactly what I always seem to struggle with saying.

Destiny is a good game, maybe even an excellent game. It's not the game I thought I was getting, and certainly not the game I wanted. Part of that lies with me, for sure, but Bungie isn't innocent either. It's as simple as that.

There used to be a time when I feel like Bungie has faith that the thing they were making was awesome, and that was enough to get people to play it. Now they seem, to me, to have very little faith in that, and instead rely on vague half-promises and grand marketing campaigns instead of actually telling us anything. I'll take <redacted> any day, as at least that was a half funny in joke that we could be reasonably sure would actually amount to something come launch, versus their talk of becoming legend and shitty pre-order weapons.

As I've said multiple times before, Destiny, in its current form just isn't a game for me. I've accepted that, and there's nothing wrong with Bungie making a game that's not for me. It's hard not to feel bitter about it, though, when the things they talk about sound incredible, while the things they deliver continue to be lackluster.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread