Thanks to Korny et al. (Recruitment)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 11:45 (2316 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 11:51

Feels good to get it done. Next I'd like to try from inside the throne room.

Thank you for recognizing that room (that has a ceiling above you) as an inside location. ;-)

We actually had a brief conversation about that. A group I played with earlier kept referring to the void as inside. Maybe there's some lore I'm unaware of but I learned as a toddler that the presence of walls meant I was inside.

Contextual reorientation is a foreign concept to Speed, you'll have to forgive him.

You get teleported into the Shadow Realm, which you can then get out of.

This is stupid. You don't know you're being transported into the Shadow Realm. You might be transported UP TO the Shadow Realm. Or DOWN TO. Or whatever.

You are teleported from one realm to another. The Shadow World is not the natural realm. You couldn't just walk out of it and head home, so for all intents and purposes, you are trapped inside of it. You can get out of that realm back to the real world. Whether you are transported to the walled Throne Room or an island in the middle of the ocean is irrelevant. You are now outside of the unnatural Shadow realm.

"Inside" is a place, not a direction.

Look at the Vault of Glass. "Inside" was a point in time, not a place. You got "out" of the past or the future to rejoin your team in the current point in time. Everyone always said that they were "coming inside" during the challenge, or "headed out" when they were leaving.

Inside is a place, yes. But it's a place in relation to another, not to how much ceiling you can see. There is an outside. Both can have equal amounts of open sky (being "inside" or "outside" of city limits can have pretty identical surroundings). Speed's entire argument revolved around seeing the Sky in the Shadow Realm, which may simply be a screen displaying a sky.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread