More evidence. (Recruitment)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 17:32 (2316 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Apologies for any offense. This issue is a sore point for me because I didn't start playing VoG until long after everyone was comfortable with it. (I think my first run-through was at the end of 2015.) You say 'past/future or brown/green are "very clear"... but they're only clear to people who've actually gone there. The first few times I ran it, I wasn't ever teleported. Folks would say "brown" or "past" or whatever... and I'd stand there like an idiot, not knowing where to go. (Of course I asked, the first time. And the second. I was made fun of both times I asked, so I stopped asking. I just waited until the other two non-teleported folks went somewhere, and I followed. But this led to trouble - usually getting blown up by a Supplicant, because I wasn't in the right place.)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I didn't ever notice that the away team showed up on the radar; I learned that today. (I've cleared Atheon dozens of times.) I bet I'm not the only one, though.

The main thing that frustrated me with that part is that people relied on the callouts. I think it was the 4th or 5th time that someone told me that you can look at the radar to figure it out, and then I never ever asked for a callout. Rather than arguing over what the correct callouts were I wish everyone had taught everyone "oh yeah and if you don't know the callouts, just look at the radar." Would've pretty much stopped all arguments about callouts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread