More evidence. (Recruitment)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 16:45 (2316 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Apologies for any offense. This issue is a sore point for me because I didn't start playing VoG until long after everyone was comfortable with it. (I think my first run-through was at the end of 2015.) You say 'past/future or brown/green are "very clear"... but they're only clear to people who've actually gone there. The first few times I ran it, I wasn't ever teleported. Folks would say "brown" or "past" or whatever... and I'd stand there like an idiot, not knowing where to go. (Of course I asked, the first time. And the second. I was made fun of both times I asked, so I stopped asking. I just waited until the other two non-teleported folks went somewhere, and I followed. But this led to trouble - usually getting blown up by a Supplicant, because I wasn't in the right place.)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I didn't ever notice that the away team showed up on the radar; I learned that today. (I've cleared Atheon dozens of times.) I bet I'm not the only one, though.

I've seen similar confusion over the sisters in Oryx, and many other places in raids where jobs are split into two groups.

The VAST majority of groups I've raided with have minimal patience for new people. Almost all of them are willing to walk someone through what they need to know the first time, but get progressively shorter after that as mistakes are made. (Chappy's groups are a standout set of exceptions.) So to me, it matters a lot that callouts are unambiguous. Saying "I'm going inside" during the Calus fight doesn't tell me ANYTHING - so it shouldn't be used.

I guess that was my real point. I'll try and stay away from personal insults when making those.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread