More evidence. (Recruitment)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 16:00 (2316 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This is as stupid as the 'Mars/Venus/Green/Brown/Past/Future" argument on VoG - teams with common sense (and ANY new players at all) settled on 'Left/Right' (sometimes with the clarification of 'while looking at Atheon', to avoid the Templar issues) just because anything else generated unnecessary frustration. "Inside/Outside" here generates exactly the same unnecessary frustration, so why not just not use those words?

I get what you're saying, though if we were to nitpick, anyone who used the term "Mars and Venus" was being factually incorrect, and defending that made people sound flat-out stupid, since anyone with at least one functioning eye could tell that they were in the same room on Venus at different points in time...
But that's neither here nor there, I guess, since three years never seemed to help people agree to a single term (which was made worse by the fact that you never had to call anything out, since your Radar always told you where people were being teleported to).

I guess if we turn back to Google (even with quotations, hork hork!), it seems like the widely accepted term for the Shadow Realm is "Inside". But yeah, if we want to hand-hold people who find fancy terms like that scary, we can just call it Throne and Shadow, just for them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread