DeeJ: "If you don't like playing against stacked teams... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:39 (2160 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Why would you go into a team based activity and then complain about getting matched with full teams?

"Why would people want to play the game differently than I do?"

I think the biggest issue is that there are zero alternatives. In D1, you had two different Freelance playlists that you could hop into without worrying about stacked teams.
But if you want to play Crucible, you have to hop into one of their tiny selection of playlists.

You can have that, or you can have longer wait times. People bitched about matchmaking in D1 for not prioritizing connection.

Pretty sure that the people complaining about connection priority were not the same people who preferred a fair match. Don't generalize the different groups of players. If Bungie would get rid of their obnoxious loading screens and ridiculously long post-game screens, it would help a bunch, too.

They can’t prioritize everything.

I think it has to do with the size of the studio, but Bungie has always been terrible at prioritizing, and it comes as a detriment to the whole game. Obviously, as the population has become a shadow of what it once was...

They clearly know where Destiny players congregate—they should try making friends with some of them.

You're not wrong, but you clearly overestimate the ease with which socializing (or the desire to socialize) comes to lots of folks. Or in my case, just because I want to play a Crucible match or two, I don't want to take ten minutes to assemble a team. I just want to play a match.

Heck, I don't think I've ever accepted a single post-match friend request or fireteam invite. I didn't hop into Crucible to commit to a team. Half the time, I don't even join Sammy's team when we play the same game (especially not if she's with her group of friends).

Should Bungie cater to players like me? Not necessarily. But would it kill them to give me the choice? Let me set my preferences like they used to. Give me a single "Freelance" switch or playlist. Anything is better than just dismissingly saying "go play Rumble". Especially since I hate Rumble playlists in pretty much any game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread