That's definitely up for interpretation (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 16:03 (2160 days ago) @ Korny

I mean, I'm always open to listening and understanding people and perspectives that I don't agree with. Nitpicking and clinging to a tiny point or flaw, or closing myself off to listening to others is willful ignorance, which people here are waving as a point of pride. I'm not saying that folks should subject themselves to listening to stuff that they don't agree with, but those people are real adamant about chiming in with how wrong the people that they aren't even listening to are. It's what I'm seeing from the same dang fragile people who say "I don't have the same experience, so you're wrong!".
I dunno. I find that insipid crap tiring. (Worse when it's the people who think themselves intellectuals.)

Except for no one here is doing that, and you’re the only one throwing insults around.

Except they totally are. The second someone says "I stopped listening after" before chiming in with their hottest of takes is exactly that.

It's totally not that. It has nothing to do with experience, and everything to do with perspective. Open-mindedness, even. You're blind to the idea that some of us might be using his choice of absolutes as an indicator that his argument isn't really worth the time it takes to hear it.

I've made that very point a thousand times, right here on this forum. When you need hyperbole to make your point, your point is bad.

When you express your opinion in a way that suggests that all other opinions hold no merit, you're saying "I'm not really interested in discussing this; I'm just TELLING you how it is." That's not something I'm really interested in being a part of.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread