That's definitely up for interpretation (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 15:53 (2160 days ago) @ Korny

There are countless entitled douchebags that have a loud voice in our community (Bromnigul, anyone?), which is why I single this guy's thoughts out as worth listening to, but it's pitchforks, circlejerks, and snowflakes on this forum.

Pot, meet kettle, I suppose.

[image]

I mean, I'm always open to listening and understanding people and perspectives that I don't agree with. Nitpicking and clinging to a tiny point or flaw, or closing myself off to listening to others is willful ignorance, which people here are waving as a point of pride. I'm not saying that folks should subject themselves to listening to stuff that they don't agree with, but those people are real adamant about chiming in with how wrong the people that they aren't even listening to are. It's what I'm seeing from the same dang fragile people who say "I don't have the same experience, so you're wrong!".
I dunno. I find that insipid crap tiring. (Worse when it's the people who think themselves intellectuals.)

So if we disagree with what he's saying, it's pitchforks and circlejerks, and if we say "I don't need to waste my time on that" it's snowflakes?

Do you really need to stoop to namecalling on this one?

I'm open to hearing other opinions - but I don't think he's got an opinion I need to be open to. We're not trying to live together, after all, or even share a community. (His Destiny community and mine have, as far as I can tell, one point of overlap.) I listened to 5 minutes of his video, and I gotta say... if he didn't do a decent job of getting his point across in those 5 minutes, he's bad at the thing that makes him money. I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY where he's coming from. (You and I clearly disagree on that point - but several years of interaction between us tells me that it's a perspective thing, not an objective truth.)

Look - you posted the video, you stated pretty clearly why you thought it was a good argument, and people (me included) disagreed with you, and with him. How about if you accept that as a valid point of view, and maybe make it clearer why we're (I'm) wrong, instead of insulting me and condescending to me?

Or, if that's too much work, maybe just let it go. But again - without the insults.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread