What quests? What catalysts? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 15:11 (2159 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by cheapLEY, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 15:53

This isn't a testament to my not being monofocused. I'm monofocused on getting leveled for the raid on two platforms.

Oh, me too. And that’s the one thing I really hope Bungie addresses going forwards. It’s the one snag in the “take your time” mindset. Our blind raid was fucked because I guess waiting three weeks without watching videos about the raid is too much to ask. Still had a great time because raiding is great, blind or no, but it’s frustrating to miss out on a truly blind raid.

EDIT: I guess I missed your question in the title, Kermit. I was talking about the uproar about certain catalysts being tied to reaching ranking 50 in a faction. But also just catalysts in general. You know how many times I've heard folks talk about going to the Castellum to finish off a catalyst? Or some other single-minded way to do it? Which is totally fine, if that's how they want to play. I'm going to do it just by using the weapon I like.

The quest I was thinking about was the Nascent Dawn, and people complaining that it's a multi-week quest, rather than something you can just grind out. People play this game in a way that I guess I just fundamentally don't understand. They grind out everything the can as fast as possible, bitching about having to grind it out the entire way, and then complain they have nothing else to do once they're done grinding stuff out. They can't see the forest for the trees.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread