Annual Pass (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 08:08 (2159 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The reference image has "endgame challenges" over top of the Raid icon. So I might extrapolate something of that nature.

Maybe. Prison of Elders was considered an 'Endgame Challenge', and I didn't find it even remotely as satisfying as a Raid (or even a Raid Lair).

(I'm not saying that's what's coming; I'm saying we don't have enough info to do any real extrapolation.)

Which is weird, because there really isn't enough info to know whether it's worth getting. My gut tells me it's probably going to disappoint (unless it contains a new raid), because whenever someone is vague about what they are selling it's probably because they want to hide something.

::sigh::

Or maybe they're being vague because it's June, and they don't want to shoot their wad quite yet.

But yeah, you're probably right, there's someone in the studio who said "we need to stay vague so Cody doesn't realize how disappointing this is before it's too late and he's bought it!"

You don’t have to shoot your wad to avoid being vague. You can say exactly what you are getting without giving it away. Are there new patrol zones and storm missions? That can be yes / no. Are there new raids? New PvP maps / modes? Record books? Etc. You can be specific about what you get without spoiling anything. The way Deej was talking about it was so dancing around the point and “PR” it was frustrating.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread