That's definitely up for interpretation (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 14:56 (2160 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Fair enough, I think the only other video I've seen (cause you shared it) was his Curse Of Osiris video and I was taken aback by how negative he was in it.

I mean, yeah, Curse of Osiris was hugely disappointing for most people, and he did have very little to say to that that was positive, but he still expressed his points very well, and that's more than can be said for people who were upset with that DLC.

Also "but it's pitchforks, circlejerks, and snowflakes on this forum." is ad hominem like whoa.

Heh. Yeah, but I stand behind what I said (it's why I said it!).

We're fired up about a narrative that launch Destiny 2 was objectively terrible. Our reaction to that isn't invalid, and maybe Skill Up isn't making that point, but I don't think it's snowflakey/circle jerky to express our frustration about it.

It's fair to disagree (I mean, I'm actively disagreeing with that in this very thread, but I'm also openly acknowledging that people have a good reason for feeling that way given the direction that Bungie headed after the steady improvements that came to D1, and the way Forsaken is embracing "the best of Destiny 1". You're not wrong for finding D2 better across the board given what you wanted out of it. People are not wrong for finding D2 worse across the board. It's all open to personal experience!

And look, maybe everyone has become snowflakey (seriously, "snowflake" often is used by someone so aggrieved that they embody the thing they're making fun of) because the cottage industry of being angry about something that Bungie has done has grown to the point that it feels omnipresent and a perpetual downer. I'm guilty of jumping in on it, and I regret that I have.

Well said, and I feel the same way. It's why I actively seek out positive people to listen to. Sure, the Angry Joes and the stupid streamers have the loudest voices, but gaming culture isn't completely lost to those people (despite developers catering to them). That said, they wouldn't be so big if people didn't agree with them, and acting as if there is absolutely nothing is wrong is equally dumb. Extremes are bad.

There has to be understanding, and a middle ground. I enjoy D2, but there have been huge problems since it launched. Some of these problems didn't exist in D1. And it's ok! It's okay that the game has always had problems! Let's just be open to the idea that they exist, and that they need to be fixed.

I don't know what's so scary about that to some of the folks here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread