My Thoughts: Baby, Don’t Hurt Me. No More. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 15:52 (2160 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 15:56

Destiny launched September 9, 2014. And in that time, I have had a most… tenuous? abusive? feckless?… eh… I’ll keep it simple and say aggravating relationship with this franchise. It’s… SO COOL! It has SO MUCH POTENTIAL! And yet – almost to bring me in awe, how Bungie has always managed to miss the mark in some way. This has been true for me up to this point as I post this.

SO as I have sit here watching this preview of what is to come; I have to say it looks GREAT! Because of course it does. Basically everything else has too, and now with retrospect I'm here with nothing but a deep *sigh* to keep check of my memory. Yet watching this, I get a feeling that Bungie – collectively – has finally figured this shit out. FINALLY! And yet… Baby, Don’t Hurt Me. No More. Don’t get my hopes up just so I can bleed again. Stop. Dam it stop.

No more.

I’m also expecting the story delivery to suck, so whatever.

[image]

With that said, these are my thoughts.

I expect more thoughts to come, but these here the bits the jumped out at me on the initial viewing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread