Once again, Skill Up's thoughts are pretty great. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 09:16 (2160 days ago) @ cheapLEY

-How much are you willing to pay to get the game that you should have received at launch? "Forsaken is a retreat to the best parts of Destiny 1", as he puts it (a lot of it has to do with general changes that will affect everyone, even those without the DLC).

I hate this narrative so fucking much. The game we got at launch was a damn good game,

Right. As he said himself back then, launch D2 was a good game, but a disappointing Destiny sequel.

and better than D1 in just about every way. I guess I’m in the minority on that line of thinking.

Clearly, given the player count.
I think where he's coming from is from a sense of ambition. To Bungie, Destiny 2 wasn't a leap forward from Destiny 1, it was a do-over. It was the "clean slate" that they wanted to experiment and overhaul, and while a number of changes were indeed great, a huge number were pretty terrible, and Forsaken is not just them reversing these changes, it's them actually showing ambition.
New Supers versus streamlining the subclasses?
New game modes versus condensing the playlists?
Challenges for rewards and Lore versus Eververse engrams?
Freely-customizable loadouts versus limiting Specials and Heavy?

Which of these seem like a step forward from D1, and which are poor changes? Which would you have rather have had at launch? If shown well before D2, which would you have believed we were getting?

I’ll watch the video later today, but I just had to throw that out there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread