DeeJ: "If you don't like playing against stacked teams... (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 09:31 (2159 days ago) @ Kermit

Play Rumble."

Well then...

I am really not experiencing what everyone else is.

Okay, Kermit.

Huh? What are you saying?

He's trying to invoke your name as if it's a slander rather than the compliment we all know it really is when one likens us to you.

Thanks for the compliment, and I suspect you're right about his intention. I prefer insults delivered explicitly and directly rather than in snide asides, though. All the better to acknowledge the fault or defend myself.

It's clear how he meant it, however you want to play your interpretation. And you know perfectly well why he puts it that way. There have been arguments outside this forum where you've taken a particular tack, much to his (and my) irritation. Given the same sets of facts, and similar intellectual abilities; you both draw disparate conclusions based on experience and perspective. As people do.

Let's not bring (or continue) the contention here, and let's not be disingenuous about recognizing the truth. The reason I (and I suspect many others) consider this place a home is the drastic difference in singal:noise.

Let's keep it that way.

~M

Is it clear?

Although I have my suspicions, I don't know perfectly well what Korny is thinking because I'm not psychic (similarly, I don't know what you mean by contention or truth). That's why I asked him for clarification--let's get to the nub of whatever it is he thinks my name is shorthand for.

No, this is precisely not the thing we're going to do. Because this is not the place. This is precisely what I warned you about. Take it elsewhere. I'm well aware that Korny invoked your name. It was not the comment that I would have made, but I've been granted some responsibility here, and I'm not about to let things devolve into a slugfest.

I mean, ban me for continuing if you must, and I wouldn't except I believe it's relevant to discussions here.

Except that you have the discretion to choose not to, and you press on anyway.

In my view, Korny's certainly guilty of the latter kind of arrogance in this thread, but I didn't engage him on that. I asked a simple question--what is he getting at by invoking my name?--a question I think I have a right to ask.

Do it elsewhere. The two of you go at it regularly enough outside of this forum, it should be clear by now. And if it's not and you want that clarity, sort it out like adults. Creating a spectacle here only serves to negatively impact this environment.

He can respond to me privately by the way.

Then I suggest you engage him privately.

Perhaps I need to be more explicit in my warnings; but then again, we're all reasonably intelligent individuals here. It shouldn't be necessary.

Thread locked.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread